World Dairy Expo
Position: Dairy Cattle Show Manager
The Dairy Cattle Show Manager is responsible for the overall operations of World Dairy Expo’s cattle show. This show is known globally as the world’s most premier cattle gathering. With approximately 2,500 head of cattle on grounds and over 1,000 exhibitors, this position is responsible for all marketing, promotional and logistics of the cattle show. This position will continue to grow the already successful cattle show by looking for new ways to promote World Dairy Expo and its entities. The Dairy Cattle Show Manager will guide the Dairy Cattle Exhibitor Committee; work closely with the Dairy Committee Chair and Overall Superintendent.
Minimum Educational Requirements: BS in an agricultural related field
Reports To: General Manager
Supervisory To: Dairy Cattle Show Coordinator
- Self motivated with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- General knowledge of dairy cattle, cattle shows and county fairs
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and other computer programming
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Able to manage others and lead groups of volunteers
- Manage World Dairy Expo Dairy Cattle Show functions including, but not limited to:
- Eight Breed Shows – Prepare premium book and related forms, process entries, coordinates award sponsorships, corresponds with judges, order class awards, and handle disputes.
- Breed Sales – Contract Sale Managers and assist them as needed.
- Youth Judging Contests – Prepare contest brochures, organize practice sessions and lead teams. Hire Youth Showmanship Contest judges and assist with on-site contest logistics.
- Work Closely with Wisconsin Department of Animal Health to insure animal health protocols are being followed and their needs are being met.
- Contract services management including: Ethics Coordinators, Ultrasound Officials, Manure Removal, Milk Sales and Badger Dairy Club.
- Event facility set-up including tent rentals and materials.
- Work closely with Dairy Cattle Superintendents and Dairy Cattle Exhibitor Committee.
- Provide leadership and assistance to volunteers.
- Coordinate Dairy Cattle Exhibitor Committee meetings.
- Manage the Entry Department for Dane County Fair including, but not limited to:
- Oversee and process all fair entries from youth exhibitors.
- Create and disperse premium book and all related forms to youth organizations.
- Order awards, coordinate delivery and presentation of awards at the Fair.
- Oversee facility set-up of barns, Arena and Exhibition Hall that involve youth functions.
- Coordinate Education Committee meetings.
- Assist with management of the North American Intercollegiate Dairy Challenge, including, direct and frequent contact with Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Process all entries, correspond with universities and their participants along with the planning committees for the Southern, Midwest and Western Regional Dairy Challenge and National Dairy Challenge contests
- Work closely with Program Assistant to generate, print and ship materials to contests
- Provide on-site assistance at the National Dairy Challenge
- Represent World Dairy Expo at industry functions.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Manage volunteer staff in cattle related areas for WDE, DCF or other events
- Full Time, Salaried with benefits
Position Status: Full-time, Salary and Benefits
Location: Madison, WI
For additional information or if you have any questions, please contact Bob Kaiser, Interim General Manager, at email@example.com or at 608-224-6455.
Applicants should send resumes by April 15, 2013 to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
World Dairy Expo
3310 Latham Drive
Madison, WI 53713